Thursday, July 15, 2010

Big Birthday Party!


I've been busy, busy lately, getting ready for my eldest daughter's 16th birthday. She decided she wanted a big, tropical themed party, so we gave her one! We had a lot of fun planning, getting party supplies, making decorations, etc. The plan was for the party to take place in the pretty little courtyard at my husband's school. The day of the party came, and we decorated it beautifully. Then, a little over an hour before it was time to start, we found out that a big thunderstorm was on it's way! OH, NO!!!! The forecast had been for a clear, sunny day. But it looked like a storm really was coming, so we decided to move everything inside. We were NOT happy. We quickly took everything down and tried to make the school cafeteria look nice with our decorations. It did look cute, and the birthday girl and all of her guests had a great time. Oh, and guess what? It didn't rain.


This is the cake I made for her:

not perfect, but it turned out pretty cute, I think! It was the first time I ever used fondant, and I even made the fondant! It was pretty easy to make, and not too difficult to work with once I got the hang of it. I found the recipe and directions here: http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-marshmallow-fondant


This is the purse I made for her birthday. She picked out the cute fabrics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment