Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sunshine in a Box


Last month I signed up for "Sunshine Pen Pals", a fun exchange where you send a little box of fun stuff to someone to add a little sunshine to their day, and you get a box from someone, too.  You contact your person before you put their box together to find out what kinds of things they like, and then you use your creativity to come up with a box filled with sunshine for $15 or less. I thought it sounded like fun, so I gave it a try.

My partner that I sent a box to is a sweet lady from Maine named Katherine.  I had a great time thinking of things to go in her box, and I included some things I made in it.  If you want to see what I sent her, you can read her lovely post about it over at her blog, "My Maine Blog".

Yesterday I received my box from Heidi (you can click here to go to her blog). When we exchanged e-mails earlier this month, Heidi and I found out we have a few things in common. We both love old books and cats, we're both from the Pacific Northwest but we live on the east coast, and two of our favorite TV shows ever are Dr. Who and Psych. So, you can probably guess that I got a fantastic box from her! Haley helped me open it, and pulled the things out of the box while I read the hilarious card (complete with Dr. Who quotes and Psych references) with the explanation/inventory.  Rebecca watched and laughed with us. Here's what was in it:

Three "shiny tubes of deliciousness"
An old book to add to my collection. Its a super pretty green color, and I already started reading it. And of course it has the "old book smell".
She crocheted a hair bow for me in my favorite color (which "could also be a very cool bowtie", haha) and a cute daisy bookmark.
 Here's what she said about these things: "lotion for the smell of lavender, sea life erasers for whimsy, a daisy mirror because it called to me, pushpins because I was being impulsive".
Also, a jumbo kitty eraser! I love this thing.  It looks exactly like my naughty little stripey monster kitty when she was a baby!
Oh, and tea...the box was literally packed with tea! I love tea, and I usually drink at least one cup every day in the winter, and lots of glasses of iced tea in the summer. These are Heidi's "homesick" brands of tea from Seattle and Portland. Ahhhh, I'm in tea heaven!
Thank you, Heidi, for such a fun box of sunshine!!! I love everything!
If anyone is interested in joining the fun and signing up for next month's exchange, just click the button below!  


Sunshine Pen Pals

No comments:

Post a Comment