Sunday, July 13, 2014

A "Roaring 20s" Birthday!

Haley's birthday was this weekend, and it was extra special because we haven't seen her for three weeks!  She is working at a camp all summer, and it just so happened that her birthday fell on a weekend when she got to come home.  She didn't want a birthday party, but we wanted to make it special and fun, so we decided to have a "Roaring 20s" theme, since it was her 20th birthday.  Rebecca and I made a cupcake bouquet...our first attempt, and it turned out so pretty!
We decorated with big tissue paper pom poms, beads, and other 20s looking things, all in black, white and green (Haley's favorite color). 
I made signs for the table in a 1920s font.

We gave her beads, a feather boa, a cute Flapper-looking headband we made, and a "20" pin to wear for her special day.
She had a great time with it!


She even wore her "getup" when we went out to dinner.

My favorite quote of the day: "If I'd known I would be dressing up like a Flapper, I would have been a LOT more excited about my birthday!"


No comments:

Post a Comment