Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Let's be real.

My first blog post! I've entitled my blog "Totally Real", because I feel so strongly about being "real" when there is so much in this world that is artificial, fake, and counterfeit. Real is so much better! Here are three areas that I refuse to settle for anything less than real:

Food. We fill our bodies with chemicals, artificial flavors, and processed junk that shouldn't even be called food. When we substitute this for real food, we miss out on the wonderful vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that our bodies need to function properly. Real food tastes so much better, too!

Vacations. I do not consider going to a theme park a real vacation. Even going on a cruise is not real to me. These are artificial worlds manufactured to cater to people attempting to escape from reality. I prefer to fill my vacations with real experiences, real places, real cultures, and the awesome beauty of the real world God created.

Religion. So much of our religion today is based on traditions that were created by people, not by God. Man made traditions might make us feel like we're doing the right thing, but are we? I want to get back to basics, to go straight to the source (His Word!) to find out what God really wants me to do, and to live a real, authentic life that pleases Him. I want to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment