Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Knitted Cotton Dishcloths


I don't know about you, but my dishcloths tend to get very yucky looking after a while. I really needed some new ones, and I remembered the crocheted ones my sister made for me once, several years ago. They were so cute, and they lasted much longer than the ones I usually buy at the store. I decided I wanted some again. After a failed attempt to special order some on Etsy, I had the idea that maybe I could knit some. I have never been able to get the hang of crocheting for some reason, but I do know how to knit. Well, at least I used to know how when I was 14! So, I searched the internet for a simple but cute pattern, bought some cotton yarn and knitting needles, and brushed up on my knitting skills.


These colors are perfect for my kitchen. I especially love the varigated one. It's called "Field of Dreams".

I found a waffle weave pattern here: http://homespunliving.blogspot.com/2007/11/waffle-knit-dishcloth-pattern.html



Aren't they cute? And I've found that knitting is a little addictive! Just one more row...

No comments:

Post a Comment