So, for this last project I decided to give a denim skirt a makeover. I bought this skirt for 85 cents at a thrift shop. I bought it with the intent to use the fabric for making tote bags, but I wanted a new denim skirt and I thought it had possibility. Here's the result:
Before, it was way too big, and WAY too long. This thing reached my ankles, and I am 5'9"!
Now it falls just above the knee. I love the unfinished edges, the pockets, and the flower detail.
I also modified my t-shirt dress a little bit. The neckline was choking me, and just didn't look right, so I made it into a scoop neck and added matching trim to the neckline and sleeves. I made my own bias tape for the first time. Making bias tape was so easy, I'm not sure why I haven't done it before!
I think it's even cuter now!