Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Little Lambs

I made these sweet little lambs for my daughters as Passover gifts. I made them from a vintage baby blanket I found at a thrift shop and pink felt, using the "Lambkin" pattern I found here.  My first attempt was a complete failure, because I tried to use the baby blanket fabric for the whole lamb, and it was too thick.  So, I tried pink felt for the underside, and that worked much better. Unlike real Passover lambs, they are not perfect, but I think they turned out pretty cute!

3 comments:

  1. So adorable! You did a great job. If I tried you probably wouldn't be able to tell what they were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks! I think they're a little silly looking, but my daughters love them, so I guess that's what's important :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I've knit tiny sheep before, but I think I like the vintage blanket idea better! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete