Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers' Day

This year for Mothers' Day, my sweet daughters worked together to make me a fabulous breakfast!  I absolutely love strawberries, so breakfast was crepes with strawberries and a cream cheese filling, chocolate covered strawberries, cheesy scrambled eggs, and turkey bacon.  Yum!  It was delicious!  Those two are becoming quite the gourmet chefs!  Everything was served beautifully, with a lace tablecloth, specially folded napkins, and lovely flowers on the table.  Later they gave me some nice little gifts and handmade cards.


 I also had a nice long phone conversation with my mom, across the country in Washington state. I wish I could see her more often, but I am very thankful for modern technology that allows us to keep in touch. 

Later, my wonderful husband took us out to dinner at Olive Garden.  He deserves lots of credit for making this a great day (making sure the girls remembered Mothers Day was this weekend, taking them shopping, doing the dishes, and I wouldn't even be a mom without him!)

Thanks, family, for a happy Mothers' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment