Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Wardrobe Revolution and the Summer of No Pants

I am officially tired of jeans.  Jeans, jeans, jeans.  Every day, everywhere, everyone.  They have become a uniform for people of all ages and walks of life.  Bo-ring!  So, since I can't go back in time to when people actually dressed with care, purpose, and originality, I have started my own little protest.  A rebellion.  My personal Wardrobe Revolution!  I have gone through my closet, pulled out all of my skirts and dresses, and I've begun to wear a dress or skirt at least 2 or 3 times a week.  I am loving it!  I like my skirt outfits so much more than my jeans!
I've decided to join Marigold over at her blog, "Hideous, Dreadful, Stinky" for the Summer of No Pants.  The challenge is to sew one skirt or dress per week for the month before summer begins (May 23-June 17).  Then, go the entire summer NOT wearing pants!  For my Summer of No Pants, I will only wear jeans for things like camping, gardening, and cleaning the house.  After all, aren't those the things jeans were designed for in the first place?  The rest of the time, I will be cool, comfortable, and feminine in my pretty dresses and skirts.   
Here is a simple A-line skirt I made for spring:

I love this skirt.  It has so many colors in it, that it goes with just about anything.  In the winter I can wear it with my black boots, and in the spring and summer, it goes perfectly with my pretty red polka-dot shoes.


Soon I will have four more skirts or dresses to show you!  I'm so excited about the Summer of No Pants!


3 comments:

  1. I love this! and girl, those shoes are simply adorable! I would jump on this bandwagon with you, but unless I dropped 30 lbs in a jiffy, I would just *look* pregnant. And I am not. :^/
    I love dresses, they just don't love me *hee*

    love ya cuz, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would join you, too, if I had time to sew. I really miss sewing. Of course, I would have to wear jeans motorcycle riding and the things you said.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your skirt and the polka dot shoes are so cute! I'm doing the SONP, too. Won't this be fun?!

    ReplyDelete